If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy tomato soup. A perfect complement to our Middle Eastern grilled Cheese. —May I have that recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup parboiled or brown rice
- salt to taste
- In a large soup pot, sauté grated garlic and chopped basil at medium heat for about a minute, without letting the garlic brown.
- Turn the heat to low, add crushed tomatoes, water and salt. Turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir well. Turn heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the rice starts to soften (increase the time to 30-35 minutes if using brown rice).
- Take pot off the heat and keep it covered for another 10 minutes or until rice has cooked completely.