Author Notes: Arugula is my favorite vegetable. I put it on sandwiches, on pizza, in pasta, chicken, steak....the list goes on and on! I eat a Gigante Bean Salad with house cured tuna
at Strada18 in South Norwalk, Connecticut. I love this salad, I order it every time I go there.
This is my rendition, when I make it at home. —Brunella
- 6 3/4 ounces Flott Solid Tuna in Pure Olive Oil
- 15.5 ounces Cannellini Beans Drained
- 7 ounces Arugula
- 2 Plum Tomatoes Sliced
- Remove tuna from jar leaving oil behind, place in a bowl and add a few tablespoons of vinaigrette. Place cannellini beans in another bowl and add a few tablespoons of vinaigrette and toss until combined. Divide arugula in two large bowls, place cannellini beans, tomato and tuna on top of arugula. Add more vinaigrette if desired and serve.
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Zest from one Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Mint or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine above ingredients and shake until well combined