Author Notes: While this version of tuna salad is significantly more involved than just adding chopped onions, celery and pickle relish to a can of tuna, it is well worth the extra effort. The potatoes make the tuna salad creamy and the lemon juice gives it a good tang. —WeLike2Cook
- 2 7-oz. cans of water-packed tuna
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled, cubed (½-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon green olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Harissa (Tunisian hot chili sauce)
- 2 crusty hoagie rolls
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, drained capers, parsley, salt and pepper and whisk to mix well.
- Place canned tuna and potato cubes to the bowl and toss gently to coat with the dressing.
- Split hoagie rolls in half and lightly toast under the broiler., and spread bottom halves with harissa paste.
- Load a gracious amount of tuna salad onto the bread and top with egg slices. Drizzle a little olive oil over the fillings and serve with homemade potato chips or fries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe