If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Figs, fruit and cheese have always gone well together, and many recipes use these fresh ingredients.. The maple syrup adds an additional complexity to the general simplity of the recipe. You can serve it with or without the pecans. If you don't count the spices and the optional pecans, it has only 5 ingredients. This dish is light and wonderful with heavier entrees. —Adia
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, light grade
- 1/2 cup fig jam, purchased or make your own
- 4 pieces green apples, cored and 1/8-1/4 inch sliced with skin on
- 4 pieces oranges, skin and pith removed, sectioned
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup feta cheese or goats cheese,
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped into small pieces, optional
- Mix the fig jam with the maple syrup, the salt, cinnamon in a small metal conainer and heat it over simmering water for a few minutes so that the mixture somewhat liquifies, then cool.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees and toast the pecans for about 8 minutes and set aside.
- Slice the green apples into 1/8-1/4 inch slices with the skin on, but cored, and pour the lemon juice over it to prevent browning, and then arrange on individual 8 plates or one large platter.
- Remove the skin and pith of the oranges and a arrange the sections decoratively over the apple slices.
- Place teaspoons of feta cheese over each apple slice and sprinkle some around the sides of the place.
- Pour the maple-fig mixture over the apples and oranges, then top with chopped pecans, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe