If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad and its’ accompanying dressing are the perfect counterpoint to a rich spring meal. We had it with braised beef short ribs and mashed potatoes, but it would pair with a vegetarian or seafood main just as well. The sweet maple syrup cuts through the creamy tang of the buttermilk —Shalini
Makes enough for 1 salad
- 1 large head organic Ontario Boston lettuce
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons organic Ontario maple syrup (Canada Number 1 Medium)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 pinch flaky Sea Salt
- 1 grinding of black pepper
- Tear up a head of delicious, soft and crunchy Boston lettuce into bite-sized pieces, carefully rinse in a bowl of cold water, and dry the leaves off with a salad spinner or cloth.
- Place the leaves in a big bowl and snip up the green parts of two green onions over the bowl of lettuce.
- Make your dressing in a separate little bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk in the bowl, followed by the two tablespoons of Ontario maple syrup. Whisk in the grapeseed oil and crush over some salt and black pepper. Whisk again to combine and pour a few spoonfulls over the salad. Take the dressing to the table and pass it around!