Author Notes: This is not my recipe, but my husband's; it converts non-believers into believers. He published it on his blog here: http://dantebriones.com/2010/12/truffled-parmesan-brussels-sprouts/
It was inspired by Octavio Becerra's recipe on Food & Wine, here: http://www.foodandwine... —trbriones
pounds brussels sprouts
ounces pine nuts
ounces butter, melted
ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoons white truffle oil
black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 400° F / 200° C
- In a large bowl, toss the sprouts with the pine nuts, melted butter, several pinches of sea salt, and several twists of black pepper to coat evenly.
- Spread the sprouts evenly on a large cookie sheet (or two) and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove sprouts from oven, toss with a metal spatula, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove sprouts from oven and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with lemon juice and truffle oil.
- Try not to eat too many before they get to the table.