If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe works well with any white flesh fish and we've eaten similar with cod and halibut. The vibrant sauce and sweet mango are great compliments to the toasty nuts. We have also used cashews and macadamia nuts. —savorthis
- 2 pieces mahi mahi fillets
- 1 cup Finely crushed or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 mango, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- splash of lime juice
Basil Coconut Sauce
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup packed basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Mix mango, jalapeno, cilantro, lime and a pinch of salt.
- Saute the shallot in oil until just starting to brown. Add garlic, ginger and zests and cook another minute or two until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients, stirring for a minute, then blend to desired consistency. Return to pan and heat slowly until sauce thickens. Add sriracha or chili sauce if desired.
- Heat some oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Press fish into almonds and coconut, flipping over and pressing again to get a good coating. Cook fish in pan flipping once about for 7-8 minutes depending on size. Be careful not to burn the nuts and reduce heat if necessary.
- Spoon sauce onto plate, top with fish and mango salsa. Serve with a side of rice if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes