If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simply grilled vegetables and marinated, grilled chicken shave calories while a citrus vinaigrette adds flavors back in. Top with fresh shaved Parmesan cheese and serve hot or cold as a salad. Great for summer bbq's or picnics! —AdventuresInFoods
- 3 chicken breasts, no bone, no skin
- 1.5 cups Italian dressing (for marinating)
- 1/4 cup OJ
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- to taste dashes salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper de-seeded, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, peeled, de-seeded, sliced
- 8 stalks asparagus, ends removed
- 5 cups broccoli, diced
- 2 chicken boulion cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 package orzo pasta
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- fresh Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in a plastic container and cover with Italian dressing. Cover and place in fridge to marinate at least 1 hr. Preheat grill.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, place orange juice & simmer on low until reduced by half. Remove from heat & cool slightly.
- Combine reduced OJ with the olive oil, lemon juice, s&p, and garlic cloves in a cup with a lid. Shake until incorporated, set aside.
- Toss the onion and the red bell pepper in olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill until cooked. Remove and medium dice; add to a large bowl.
- Grill chicken until golden and cooked through, rest. Medium-dice and place into same bowl. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss both the asparagus and the zucchini in olive oil, salt & pepper, and crushed rosemary. Place both on a foil-lined baking sheet into preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through, rotating as necessary
- Steam broccoli chunks for 5 minutes, or until tender-crip, remove from heat and place in an ice bath (water and ice) to preserve color. Drain and add to the large bowl.
- Dissolve 2 bullion cubes in a pot of boiling water. Heat halved artichoke hearts in a strainer in the chicken broth for no more than 3 minutes. Remove and add to large bowl. Add orzo to the still boiling broth and cook until al dente – 9 minutes**. Drain and add to large bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and shaken, citrus-olive oil dressing. Toss to combine with all ingredients.
- Serve hot (or cold) with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.