Radishes get so mellow when roasted and those cute little cippolini onions sweeten up like no tomorrow. Add a little honey and bacon and you've got a great side!
Radishes get so mellow when roasted and those cute little cippolini onions sweeten up like no tomorrow. Add a little honey and bacon and you've got a great side!—inpatskitchen
Serves: 4 to 6
small cippolini onions
smallish red radishes
heaping tablespoons honey
tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and black pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and the add the onions and wait 30 to 40 seconds. Drain the onions and cool and then peel. (the plunge in the boiling water makes this a fairly easy task) Set aside
- Clean and trim the radishes leaving about 1/2 inch of the stem on. Set aside
- In a large saute pan cook the bacon until crisp, remove to paper toweling and crumble when cool. Set aside.
- In the same saute pan, add the onions and radishes to the bacon drippings and stir in the honey and vinegar. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and then transfer all to a smallish baking dish (mine was 10x10 inches)
- Roast in a preheated 400F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips