If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am part of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and this week, I recieved one of my favorite ingredients, Garlic Scapes! They are actually the plant greens of garlic and only come around a few weeks out of the year! They are insanely delicious with their light garlic and earthy flavor and make for an amazing pesto. I served mine on spaghetti with pan roasted tomatoes. My recent batch included a mix of pine nuts, walnuts and marcona almonds which were all in my pantry and was devine! I also froze some for a great quick crostini when guests come over topped with Burrata cheese. —themisinthekitchen
- 1 cup Chopped Garlic Scapes - top flowery bulb part removed
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 cup Nuts - You can use, pine, marcona almonds, walnuts, pistacios, or mix them together!
- 1 cup Grated Parmesean Cheese
- 1 cup Good Quality Olive Oil
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse together first 4 ingredients untill you reach a desired consistency of your liking for pesto. This can also be done in a Vitamix. I like mine pretty creamy.
- Turn the machine to "on" and alowly begin to drizzle in the olive oil. You may need mroe or less depending on the consistency you prefer and the type of nuts you are using.
- If making with pasta, Cook and drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta and reserved liquid and mix in the pesto and serve immediately! I like to add fresh veggies like tomatoes, peas, or sauteed zuchini at the end.