If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Combine a few ingredients in a blender, and you've got this creamy summer dessert. Avocado and coconut mixed with lime and honey take you right where you want to be this summer-- and it couldn't be easier! —inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: What a great tropical dessert! It has a silky texture and a wonderfully sweet taste. I was tempted to use agave nectar in place of the honey specified, but I’m glad I didn’t. The hardest part was having to wait an hour while it cooled! Another recipe well done, inpatskitchen! —MenCanCook
Makes about 4 cups (4 to 6 servings)
small to medium Haas avocados
Juice of 1/2 of a large lime
cup half and half or light cream
One 15-ounce can cream of coconut (the thick, sweetened kind)
cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- Place the avocado meat, lime juice, and half and half in a blender and start it up. Once the avocado is fairly puréed (you may have to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender once or twice), add the cream of coconut and honey. Purée until smooth. Remove mixture from blender and place in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- While the pudding is chilling, toast the coconut. Spread the coconut flakes on a small baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350° F oven for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- To serve, scoop some of the pudding into small dessert dishes top with a sprinkle of the toasted coconut.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados