If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a dish I cook regularly at home for my vegetarian parents- it pairs the classic flavour combination of pea and mint with the sweet earthiness of oven roasted tomatoes. I find a risotto is always a good way of showing off your culinary abilities too! Also, if cooking this dish for vegans, make sure the wine you use is vegan certified- otherwise they may have used animal products in the processing! —Chef_Mel
tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
white onion, finely chopped
Garlic cloves, crushed
cups Risotto rice
cups white wine
cups vegetable stock
bunches Fresh Mint, finely chopped
cups frozen peas
Large tomatoes, halved
pinches Salt, pepper and sugar
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 160C. Place the halved tomatoes cut side up with the olive oil and seasoning on top, and put in the oven. Keep an eye on them whilst you are making the risotto, they take around 20-30 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile, Sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large sauteeing pan for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add risotto rice, and stir to coat for about 1 minute. Add white wine and cook for a further 4 minutes. Gradually add the stock and continuously stir for 10-15 minutes, or until the risotto is thick and the rice is “al dente”.
- Meanwhile, put half the peas into a bowl and pour some boiling water over them (just until they go soft). Drain and then puree until fairly smooth in a food processor/blender. Set aside.
- About 5 minutes towards the end of the cooking time, add the pureed peas, the other frozen peas, fresh mint, and stir in. Once the risotto is ready, serve with the hot roasted tomatoes on top, and some extra mint leaves for garnish!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint