If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a really simple, flavorful soup that can be for lunch or dinner. The fish sauce adds a lovely saltiness without changing the color of the broth, while the lime juice adds a bit of brightness & a hint of that zingy sourness that is often found in Thai or Vietnamese food. —we eat. happy.
- 2 chicken breasts, skin-on & bone-in
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 14 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 4 scallion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 chilis or jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- In a stock pot, add chicken, water & salt. Bring to a boil & then simmer for 45 minutes. Take the chicken out & leave the broth on low heat to stay warm. Let the chicken cool on a cutting board for about 10 minutes, then shred the meat off.
- To cook the rice noodles, follow the directions on the package. Then drain & rinse with cold water.
- Add the noodles to the bottom of the bowl, then chicken, scallions & chili. Ladle the broth over the noodles. Then 1 TBL of fish sauce for each bowl, a squeeze of lime & a bit of cracked pepper.