If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was home last week and wanted to make something with pasta. I had fresh tomatoes from the garden and half a package of bacon. This recipe is adapted from A Bird and a Bean's BLT Salad. I chose to use only the ingredients that I had on hand. This would be great to make for a potluck or to take to a cookout. —chrissyb
- 12 ounces Small Shell Pasta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 pieces bacon
- 3 medium size tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 3 dashes salt
- 3 dashes black ground pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of oil and salted water. Drain pasta and stir in milk
- Cook bacon and until brown and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel over a plate.
- In pan that the bacon cook, add the tomatoes and thyme until the tomatoes are warm. Season the tomato and thyme mixture with salt and pepper.
- Break apart the bacon and set aside 1/4 cup of bacon bits.
- Stir in tomato and thyme mixture and bacon in with the pasta.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream into the pasta until well mixed. Pour pasta into an 8 inch by 12 inch pan. Put the 1/4 cup of bacon on top of the pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad