Author Notes: I was home last week and wanted to make something with pasta. I had fresh tomatoes from the garden and half a package of bacon. This recipe is adapted from A Bird and a Bean's BLT Salad. I chose to use only the ingredients that I had on hand. This would be great to make for a potluck or to take to a cookout. —chrissyb
ounces Small Shell Pasta
medium size tomatoes cut into chunks
cup sour cream
tablespoon ground thyme
dashes black ground pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of oil and salted water. Drain pasta and stir in milk
- Cook bacon and until brown and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel over a plate.
- In pan that the bacon cook, add the tomatoes and thyme until the tomatoes are warm. Season the tomato and thyme mixture with salt and pepper.
- Break apart the bacon and set aside 1/4 cup of bacon bits.
- Stir in tomato and thyme mixture and bacon in with the pasta.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream into the pasta until well mixed. Pour pasta into an 8 inch by 12 inch pan. Put the 1/4 cup of bacon on top of the pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad