If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After days of making bland food for my sister who was recovering from appendicitis, she and I both were ready to cry. This casserole is the post-appendectomy version, but make it fit your own tastes by swapping in your favorite seasonal veggies, adding jalapenos, even trading the ranch dressing for your favorite sauce. I tried it with jalapeño-roasted chicken and broccoli as the veggie - delicious. I cooked chicken with Italian blend herbs, used Parmesan instead of cheddar and swapped oregano-garlic cream cheese instead of ranch: meh, it was OK but next time I'll add Marsala wine as I cook the quinoa if I'm going for Italian version. The point is this can be highly customized according to your mood. Hope you enjoy! —VOHunt
- 3 cups Cooked, plain quinoa
- 4 Cooked, diced chicken breasts (seasoned to taste)
- 1.5 cups Sautéed summer squash, zucchini and mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Bacon bits
- Ranch dressing
- Spray clay casserole dish with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the cooked quinoa evenly in your casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits atop the quinoa.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over the bacon bits.
- Spread the shredded cheddar evenly over the ranch.
- Layer your sauteed squash/zucchini/mushroom on the casserole.
- Top with diced, cooked chicken.
- Cover with clay lid or foil and cook 25 minutes or until heated through.