If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summertime means basil, market vegetables, and a whole lotta fresh flavor. —BubbleChild
Serves about 4 dishes.
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, plus 1/2 stem of broccoli, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Soak 1 tbs. flax seed meal with 2 tbs. water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes, or until a fork is easily inserted. Remove from heat, strain, and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute’ onion for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until edges have just started to brown. Remove from heat.
- In food processor, blend cooked broccoli, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, flax seed goo, and cooked onions. When creamy texture forms, add fresh basil, salt, and pepper, and blend until as creamy as possible.
- Strain through a fine metal sieve for a creamy coulis, or simply use as-is for a more textured topping.