Basmati Rice lends a great texture. The electric pressure cooker doubles as a rice cooker and stir fry all-in-one pot. Instructions below are for the Instant Pot, which can be used with the lid open. Please check the manual for your pressure cooker for best results. —beverly.piontek
- Serves 4
Sesame oil, separated into 2 Tbs portions
1 1/4 cups
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Green Onion, chopped
Frozen, precooked shrimp, medium thawed
- 1. Rinse Basmati Rice in a bowl three times to rid it of excess starch.
- 2. Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, rice, water, and soy sauce to pressure cooker and secure the lid. Press the "Rice" preset button or cook rice according to your pressure cooker manual.
- 3. While rice cooks, set the frozen peas aside. Rinse frozen shrimp for two minutes under running water to thaw. Drain and set aside.
- 4. When rice is done, let the pressure release naturally for best results. After About 5 minutes, quick release the remaining pressure and safely remove lid according to your pressure cooker manual.
- 5. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and set cooker to high or press "sauté" button with lid off.
- 6. Add frozen peas, green onions, and shrimp to rice. Stir constantly for two to three minutes. Shrimp should be pink and curled; check to make sure peas are done. Turn off cooker. Serve immediately.