Basmati Rice lends a great texture. The electric pressure cooker doubles as a rice cooker and stir fry all-in-one pot. Instructions below are for the Instant Pot, which can be used with the lid open. Please check the manual for your pressure cooker for best results. —beverly.piontek
Sesame oil, separated into 2 Tbs portions
1 1/4 cups
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Green Onion, chopped
Frozen, precooked shrimp, medium thawed
In This Recipe
1. Rinse Basmati Rice in a bowl three times to rid it of excess starch.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, rice, water, and soy sauce to pressure cooker and secure the lid. Press the "Rice" preset button or cook rice according to your pressure cooker manual.
3. While rice cooks, set the frozen peas aside. Rinse frozen shrimp for two minutes under running water to thaw. Drain and set aside.
4. When rice is done, let the pressure release naturally for best results. After About 5 minutes, quick release the remaining pressure and safely remove lid according to your pressure cooker manual.
5. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and set cooker to high or press "sauté" button with lid off.
6. Add frozen peas, green onions, and shrimp to rice. Stir constantly for two to three minutes. Shrimp should be pink and curled; check to make sure peas are done. Turn off cooker. Serve immediately.