If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made up this recipe to give my vegetarian friends something to look forward to at a cookout! —amandahakansonstacy
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 inch ginger root grated
Asian Slaw/ Burger toppings
- 1/2 red cabbage julienned
- 2 carrots grated julienned
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 bunch of pea shoots
- 3 red radishes
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 delicious, freshly baked buns
- Mix all the ingredients for the portabella marinade together and let mushroom caps soak in mixture for at least an hour.
- While mushrooms are marinating. Make the Asian slaw. Begin by julienning the purple cabbage and carrots. I like to use my mandoline for this step.
- Next chop the scallions and jalapenos and put them in a bowl with the cabbage and carrots.
- Mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, and brown rice vinegar with the slaw ingredients above and put aside.
- Prepare your burger toppings by thinly slicing the red radishes. Set them aside with the pea shoots.
- Next prepare the Sriracha mayo by adding the Sriracha, mayo, and salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
- When the portabellas are sufficiently marinated throw them on the grill until they are warm and charred to your liking.
- Throw them on a bun topped with the Asian slaw, pea shoots, and Srirachca mayo. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy