If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite recipes for sweet summer corn is a cold, gingered corn soup with a sesame oil, chili-garlic drizzle. All the flavors pair so well and I figured it would be equally good as a side dish. I’ve had a real see-saw of luck on my corn this year. Some ears are beautiful and some are toothless wonders, but most taste pretty darn good. So I harvested a pile and made this dish. It goes wonderfully with gingerroot's Shiso Chicken Wings, btw. —savorthis
- 2 cups corn
- 2 red chilis, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons green onion, thinly sliced
- 5 basil leaves, in chiffonade
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
Sesame Chili Drizzle
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin
- Cook garlic, ginger, chilis and green onion in a tablespoon of oil until just starting to brown. Add corn and cook a few minutes more. If your corn is not as fabulously sweet as it should be you can add a pinch of sugar. Season with salt and pepper and stir in cilantro and basil.
- Mix all drizzle ingredients and toss into corn mixture. Enjoy room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn