If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy to make and a big hit at the table with everyone from my Dad to my 20-something kids and their friends.The Pasta is creamy and the tomatoes on top are dried and super sweet . All of the flavors of late summer come together in this easy pasta dish. —GirlCook
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 5 Baby Bella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Black olive tapenade (I made from scratch using Thomas Keller's Bouchon recipe, see separate recipe)
- 3 Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup Reserved pasta water
- 3 tablespoons Toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Chopped chives
- 8 Homemade sundried tomatoes (see food 52 "out of the sun" recipe!)oven or sundried tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigian cheese grated
- Heat olive oil and sauté mushrooms and Garlic until soft and browned, approx. 4 minutes
- Add tapenade and sauté for minute
- Add tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes
- Put pasta in salted boiling water and cook as directed, drain and reserve one cup cooking liquid--cook this al dente, it will cook a little more in the sauce.
- Put drained pasta into pot with sauce and stir to combine
- Add the parsley, chives, parmigian and pine nuts and stir to coat the pasta. Add pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Heat up tomatoes in a toast r oven or oven or sauté pan and put on top of pasta so everyone gets one on their plate