Author Notes: Simplicity at it's finest. 3 simple additions make this lettuce wrap one of the tastiest and easiest lunches one could ever make. —mtlabor
pieces iceberg lettuce
pieces pickled jalapenos
salt and pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling simmer. Add vinegar. This will keep the egg from separating when you put it into the water.
- Crack egg into simmering water. Poach for about 2-3 minutes, or until whites are completely coagulated, but center is still oozy yolk.
- Arrange 2 pieces of iceberg lettuce on top of eachother and place bacon inside. Top with poached egg (crack it if you'd like - the more yolk all over the place, the better), and garnish with jalapeno slices.
- Fold lettuce over to wrap all the goods and dig on in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce