Author Notes: Simplicity at it's finest. 3 simple additions make this lettuce wrap one of the tastiest and easiest lunches one could ever make. —mtlabor
pieces iceberg lettuce
pieces pickled jalapenos
salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling simmer. Add vinegar. This will keep the egg from separating when you put it into the water.
- Crack egg into simmering water. Poach for about 2-3 minutes, or until whites are completely coagulated, but center is still oozy yolk.
- Arrange 2 pieces of iceberg lettuce on top of eachother and place bacon inside. Top with poached egg (crack it if you'd like - the more yolk all over the place, the better), and garnish with jalapeno slices.
- Fold lettuce over to wrap all the goods and dig on in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce