If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by traditional Rice Pilau of Southern India, this addictive recipe is both healthy and time-efficient with practice. Once tasted it is impossible to get enough. Enjoy! —Cook GMO-Free
- 1 cup quinoa (washed and drained)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 50/50 blend flax seed oil
- 1 finely chopped onion, small/medium, depending on onion heat
- 1 piece fresh ginger, approx 2" sq, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 pinch chopped blanched almonds (optional)
- In medium saucepan, boil quinoa in water and salt approximately 15-20 minutes over medium heat, until water is absorbed.
- For efficiency, while quinoa is cooking, finely chop onion, ginger, mint, and coriander.
- Heat oil in large stir-fry pan. Add ginger and onion, lightly brown. Add cinnamon and cloves, stir well. Add cooked quinoa, stir ingredients well. Remove from heat. Add black pepper and any additional salt to taste Note: Dairy consumers may choose to add 1/2 cup plain yogurt to mixture when adding cooked quinoa.
- Allow to cool and fluff with fork. If desired, serve topped with chopped blanched almonds.