If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very green soup. All the parents teach their children that eating greens is a must. This soup is so incredibly fresh, light and delicious yet simple and quick to make that you will want to cook and eat it even more and more! —GoodFood
- 2 bunches sorrel
- 1 bunch carrot leaves
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- a few basil leaves
- olive oil
- sea salt
- flax seeds for serving (optional)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add your sorrel, carrot leaves and zucchini and cook them for just 15 min until the vegetables soften. When ready, put the soup in a blender or food processor and puree it.
- To make croutons heat some olive oil in a pan, cut your whole wheat bread in cubes and put it to the pan. While the bread is frying smash and chop the garlic and basil leaves. In a minute before the croutons are ready (you want to get this tender golden crust) add the garlic and basil to the pan and enjoy the flavor that will fill your kitchen!
- To serve add the croutons to the plates of soup and sprinkle with flax seeds.