If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Almost everything in this wonderful summer cold soup, just right for a hot night after a day at the beach, was sourced on Cape Ann except for the Onion, Olive Oil, and Vinegar. The Spicy Gazpacho was made from Roma Tomatoes in my garden as well as the Green Pepper, Hot Pepper, Zucchini,Basil, and Parsley. My husband caught the lobster off of Ten Pound Island in Gloucester Harbor. I made the Sun Dried Tomatoes in my dehydrator from Cherry Tomatoes in my garden.
It is best to make the Gazpacho the night beforehand and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight to meld the flavors. —Melissa Abbott
- 5-6 cups rough cut roma tomatoes
- 1 small zuchinni or cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 1 chili pepper
- 1/3-3/4 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3-3/4 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- sun dried tomatoes for garnish
- 1 pound freshly shucked lobster meat
- Whiz up all the ingredients together EXCEPT the sundried tomatoes and lobster. Use a high powered food processor or blender. I use a Vita Mix Blender. Remove to covered glass pitcher or covered glass bowl and place in the refrigerator for several hours. Overnight works very well. You can serve the soup right away but if you let it chill overnight, it combines the flavors well. After it is chilled and you are ready to serve, pour into bowl and float freshly shucked and cold lobster meat, chopped basil and parsley, and sun dried or dehydrated cherry tomatoes. Serve Immediately with a wonderful Soup Spoon and extra sun dried tomatoes for extra garnish! ENJOY!! This is very Special!