If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All right, finally we came to sunny fall time with its apples, plums, cabbage, beetroot, carrots and of course lots and lots of pumpkins. This year aslo appeared to be rich with forest mushrooms and luckily we decided to visit my parents some days ago. In summer they live in a small village and the house is surrounded by a forest from one side and with a lake - from another. For the meal I am going to tell you about we ourselves picked mushrooms and chose the pumpkin in the vegetable garden. Inspired by still country spirit we made this rustic roasted pumpkin and mushrooms with parsley roots. Enjoy this meal together with us! —GoodFood
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 handfuls any forest mushrooms (we used Bay bolete mushrooms)
- 6-7 small parsley roots
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Wash your mushrooms, cut them lengthwise in halves and place them in a big pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Let them boil for half a minute and pour out the water. Cover with cold water once again, bring to the boil, add some sea salt, cover with a lid and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 C and cut your parsley roots and pumpkin into small cubes.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper, drizzle a little olive oil and place there the pumpkin and parsley root bites.
- Toss with sea salt, paprika and nutmeg (they are truely pumpkin's best friends), drizzle with some more olive oil and put the baking tray into the oven.
- When the mushrooms are done drain them and add to your pumpkin and parsley roots which are roasting in the oven. Continue roasting for another 5-10 minutes and get your family in the dining room! The meal is ready to be served.
- We suggest that you should boil the mushrooms before roasting them to get a really moisture texture. Certainly you're free to roast them from the very beginning but they may appear a little too dry.