If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What could possibly be better than cake for breakfast?!…or better yet carrot cake for breakfast! it's my favorite cake and oatmeal is my favorite breakfast. this is my recipe for carrot cake oatmeal. It's been a favorite of mine for years and it will never get old. —chai monkey
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup dry, Irish style oatmeal
- 3-4 tablespoons Thompson raisins
- 1/2 cup organic skim milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinches cardamom
- pinches ginger powder, cloves, nutmeg
- pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 large baby carrots, grated in food processor.
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- Finely grate carrots. and set aside. Bring 1 cup of liquid (water, milk and coconut milk) to a slight boil on the stovetop in a small pot with spices and vanilla extract. add the oatmeal. stirring a little with a wooden spoon. cooking oats slowly and keeping flame low.
- After the oats start to thicken up a little, 2-3 minutes, add the grated carrot (about 3-4 heaping tbsp of finely grated carrot) mix it in, and the raisins(the raisins will plump up!)
- While oats are slowly cooking, toast pecans and coconut on a pan, until golden brown and toasty, All of the liquid will be absorbed and the oats will look thick, fluffy and cooked after about 8-10 minutes. put it in a bowl and add the toppings! sprinkle more cinnamon and more maple to your liking, enjoy!