Author Notes: This recipe is an adaptation of the one that I'm told originates with Homesick Texan, although I couldn't find it on her blog. (I did become excessively distracted by her other offerings, however, including desserts made with Dr. Pepper WEE OO!) Hers calls for pecans and chili powder, however, which I have eliminated, and upped the chocolate. I can promise you these will be eliminated within minutes so watch out. —Jestei
Serves: a crowd
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups powdered sugar
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon vanilla extract
cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line baking sheet(s)with parchment paper
- In a bowl of standing mixer or large bowl with hand held mixer, mix powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt on low. Stir in the egg whites with a stand or hand mixer until the batter is well mixed. Stir in the vanilla extract and chocolate chips by hand. The batter will look weird. Don't worry about it.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon blob batter onto the baking trays, about an inch apart. They will spread a bit.
- Bake until the cookies are cracking on the surface, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for ten minutes on the trays then carefully remove to cooling rack.
- These will keep in covered container for three days but you'll never keep them that long.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!