Author Notes: Good with tacos, chicken, fish, in Chilaquiles, just with everything. Roasting the tomatillios really makes the difference. —Cordelia
Makes about 1 cup
- 10 tomatillos
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Discard the tomatillos husks and wash them well. Cut the tomatillos to halves. Put them in a baking sheet and drizzle a bit of oil and salt. Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Let them cool a bit.
- Chop the garlic. Discard the jalapeno seeds and cut to medium pieces.
- Put in a food processor the roasted tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper and process until you get a pretty smooth salsa.
- Put in a bowl and mix in the lime juice and oil. Taste for salt.
- (If you use it for the Chilaquiles and the salsa is pretty thick add water to thin it out a bit, so it will be more spreadable).