If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
large Honeycrisp apple
large bunch of watercress, thin stems and leaves only
tablespoons almond oil
tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
ounces Parmesan, shaved into one-inch wide stripes
Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds carefully. In a small bowl, mix the oil, vanilla seeds and vinegar. Whisk until well blended and creamy. Let the vinaigrette rest for about an hour.
- Cut the persimmons into halves and seed if necessary. Cut each half into half-inch cubes (approximately 8 cubes per persimmon). Cut the apple into half-inch cubes. (You want to make sure that apple and persimmon cubes are the same size.)
- In a large bowl, gently toss the watercress, persimmon, apple and vinaigrette. Arrange on individual plates, sprinkle with pepper and top generously with Parmesan shavings. Serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla