If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My grandfather was a Basque sheepherder and this is a family staple served with roasted leg of lamb. We all fight to pour the pan drippings from the lamb over our pilaf! —Meaney Cafe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in oven safe casserole dish or pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add rice and bulgur to melted butter and saute until fragrant and slightly toasted. This gives a nutty flavor to the dish.
- Slowly add stock and water and stir well.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Toss before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish