If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a magnificent cake was created by me one day out of frustration. I have been craving a proper vanilla pear tart but couldn't have it due to dreadful dairy intolerance. I used my basic coffee cake recipe which I use for many fruits of vegetables cakes. It's super healthful and incredibly delicious. The combination of vanilla and pears is delightful. It is also perfect for people with gluten intolerance. The olive oil sounds like a turn-off but actually it works well in the recipe. The cake takes about 10 minutes to prepare. 35 minutes to bake and then 10 minutes to vanish. ENJOY! p.s. It's a great cake for Passover. you can use matzo flour instead of the oat flour. —Shelly's Humble Kitchen
Makes 1 english cake
- ½ cups olive oil
- ½ cups agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup almond meal (or you can grind about 1 cup raw almonds in a food processor)
- 1 cup oat flour (grind about 1 cup rolled oats in a food processor)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups medium asian pears—diced or Bartlett pears
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line an English cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together oil, agave, vanilla extract and eggs until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the almond meal, oat flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix until you get a smooth batter. Add the pear into the bowl and give it a quick stir.
- Pour the batter into a lined English cake tin and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool on a wire rack.