If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 12 ounces dried black lentils
- 2 leeks
- 1 handful chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch bibb lettuce, romaine lettuce, baby spinach or mixed green salad
- Bring a large saucepan full of water to a boil. Add lentils and cook for 20-22 minutes on medium-high heat.
- While the lentils are cooking, thinly slice both leeks and chop the tarragon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, and saute leeks over medium-high heat.
- Add the zest and juice of both lemons to a large bowl.
- Stir the cooked lentils and leeks into the bowl.
- Stir in chopped tarragon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Make a vinaigrette by combining and whisking 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Make a bed of salad in each individual bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cups of lentil mixture over the salad.
- Drizzle the olive oil/balsamic vinegar vinaigrette over the lentils.
- May be served warm or cold.
- Serve with fresh bread, cheese and pate.