If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not really my own but comes from Silver Palate and Down South in New Orleans.
It's from a restaurant I think was called Bon Ton Rullez! Let the Good Times Roll!
Loaf of Bread or Baquette
- 1 quart Whole Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar you can mix brown sugar and white sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup Confectioners sugar
- Bourbon or rum
- The whole secret is to let the bread soak in the whole miik for AT LEAST an hour. Get your hands dirty and keep pressing the bread down after you've broken it up - in smallish pieces. AT LEAST an hour. When all the bread has absorbed the milk, add rest of the ingredients and pour into a 9 or 10 by 3 shallow pan. Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven til brown and bubbly.
- To make the boozy sauce, melt a stick of butter and combine with either rum or bourbon. This cannot be optional! You'll know when the consistancy is right.
- Let the bread pudding cool for ten minutes and serve with boozy sauce.