If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this salad recipe for the holiday season. The goal was to create a salad that would be pretty, delicious & healthy. The beets & pomegranates work really well together while the walnuts provide extra crunch & the goat cheese creaminess. What distinguishes this salad from the rest is the dressing. My salad dressing incorporates some of my homemade jam but you could certainly substitute a good solid store jam. Massaging the dressing into the kale is a critical step...it makes the kale softer & more flavorful.
If there are any leftovers.....this tastes just as good the next day! —sticksnscones
- 1 large bunches Lacinato Kale- cut into 1/2" slivers
- 1 cup Pomegranate airils, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Roasted beets- cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Walnuts- toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese- crumbled
- 1 teaspoon mustard- I like Stonewall Kitchen Maple Mustard
- 1 shallot-minced
- 1 tablespoon Red currant Jam
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Vinegar(can substitute white balsamic)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, shallots, jam & vinegar. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking until well blended. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the slivered kale a large salad bowl. Add 1/2 the dressing & massage into the kale. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes so that the kale softens & absorbs the dressing.
- Arrange the beets, pomegranate seeds, walnuts & goat cheese on top of kale.
- Pour the remainder of the dressing over the salad & toss. Sprinkle salad with extra pomegranate seeds & serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates