If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I cheat and use store bought sichaun sauce. If you don't want to buy duck sauce, you can use honey instead - it's how I make my sichaun beef! —Ben Pagel
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup diced portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts (or any nut you want)
- 1/4 cup sichaun sauce (I use House of Tsang Szechuan Spicy Stir Fry Sauce)
- 1/4 cup duck sauce (I don't know what brand - they usually only have one kind at the store anyway)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1 head of bibb lettuce
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan over medium heat. Sautee the mushrooms, white onion, pepper, and peanuts until they're as soft as you like them. I generally wait until the onion is translucent and then cook about 2 more minutes for good measure.
- Add the sichaun and duck sauces. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, just so the sauces can incorporate into the other ingredients.
- Once everything is combined, add the green onions. They're better with a fresh, uncooked flavor.
- Separate the bibb lettuce leaves and use as bowls for spoonfuls of the mushroom mixture. Enjoy!