If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In an attempt to mix up fried rice, I decided to replace the rice with some protein packed quinoa. I threw in all of our favorite vegetables and diced chicken breast, AND topped each portion with a lovely runny egg. The egg yolk acts as a rich sauce that oozes all over the quinoa and ties the whole dish together. This is the perfect substantial meal that will satisfy your tummy, taste buds, and conscience. —Amanda Shulman
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can sweet peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup snap peas
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- 2 cooked chicken breast
- 8 eggs
- Add the chicken broth and quinoa to a pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for about 25 minutes, until all liquid is evaporated and quinoa is fluffy. Fluff with a fork, and keep covered until ready to use.
- While the quinoa is cooking prepare the vegetables. Combine all of them in a large bowl, season with salt, garlic powder and soy sauce, and toss to coat.
- Coat the bottom of a large saucepan with olive oil and bring to a high heat. Add the vegetables and cook them down until tender and until they have a nice sear, about 15 minutes. Once done, remove the vegetables from the stove and return them to the bowl. Add the chicken.
- Mix all of the veg/chicken into the cooked quinoa. In batches, cook the quinoa in a skillet on the stove to lightly brown/sear it to give it a nice fry texture.
- Fry an egg, keeping the center intact and runny. Spoon the quinoa into bowls and top with the egg. Serve with soy sauce on the side and eat up!