Author Notes: I threw together something easy + scrumptious with the acorn squashes I had lying around from my trip to the farm stand. —HeatherPierceG
tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squashes in half, lengthwise.
- Slice of a wee bit of the outside shell so the squash has a flat surface to stand on.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush inside of squash with melted butter or olive oil.
- Place cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Flip squash over with tongs or a spatula and place 1/2 tbsp of butter and about 1 tbsp of roughly chopped pecans into the cavity of each squash half and sprinkle with sea salt. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 15-25 minutes.
- When squash is tender enough to easily fall away when scraped with a fork, remove from oven, drizzle a bit of maple syrup into each half (optional), and enjoy it’s heavenly goodness.