If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All the flavors of an asian stir fry into a healthy warm salad for the winter. Beats Chinese take-out anytime! —Miss Hangrypants
- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed & Drained
- 2 Medium Carrots, sliced thinly
- 5 Dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 0.5 cups Green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons Ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons Mirin
- 5 tablespoons Soysauce
- 1.5 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- Soak mushrooms in 2 cups of water until softened (time depending on the quality of your mushrooms). Reserve water and rinse mushrooms and slice thinly.
- In a pot, toast quinoa slightly and add 2 cups of reserved mushroom broth (or use vegetable broth or water). Add the mushrooms. Bring to a simmer and cover to cook at low heat for about 20 mins. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil (or any vegetable oil) and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add carrots, broccoli and sauce ingredients, except for sesame oil. Simmer 2 mins until sauce is slightly thickened and pour over cooked quinoa.
- Add green onions and sesame oil and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled and can be garnished with toasted sesame seeds.