If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cooking seasonally sure gets a lot harder once winter arrives. Fortunately, there are brussels sprouts! This is one of my favorite recipes - perfect for cold days and easy enough to make after work. —amelinda
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Remove any tough outer layers and slice the brussels sprouts vertically into 1/4-inch discs. I prefer to use smaller, sweeter sprouts for this recipe.
- Meanwhile, saute pancetta in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and brussels sprouts to pancetta and rendered fat. Saute until shallots are translucent and sprouts are just beginning to wilt.
- Add the chicken broth and cover with lid or foil; cook another 10 minutes or until brussels sprouts are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!