If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have recently become obsessed with quinoa. I am constantly searching for new ways to prepare so. So, when I saw the contest ingredient was leeks I thought "why not!". The fennel compliments the leeks with a rich sweetness and the mushrooms add a earthly element as well as provide texture to the dish —Jamie L.
tablespoons Olive Oil
Fennel Bulb, thinly sliced
Leeks, sliced and rinsed
cups Button Mushroom, quartered
cups Chicken Stock
- Melt butter in olive oil in a large sautee pan
- Add leeks and fennel to pan. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- While leeks and fennel are cooking, combine quinoa and chicken stock and cook per package directions
- Sautee leeks and fennel over medium high heat until slightly caramelized
- Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt
- Reduce heat to medium
- Sautee mushrooms until tender and brown. Stirring often so leeks and fennel do not burn
- Once quinoa is cooked, add quinoa to sautee pan and combine well
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks