If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or brown rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 bunch asparagus or broccoli
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup grated carrots
- zest of 1 lemon
- Snap off ends of asparagus spears and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Steam asparagus or broccoli until still bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Toast almonds on a baking sheet in oven or toaster until lightly browned.
- Make Citrus Dressing: whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Grate carrots and lemon zest.
- Place quinoa, asparagus or broccoli, toasted almonds, zest of 1 lemon, 1 cup of shredded carrots in a large serving bowl. Pour dressing over the pilaf and gently toss.