If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Recipe is a favourite of mine; it is so flavourful yet still really good for you with lots of vegetables! I usually use pre-cooked chicken as I hate touching raw meat, but I will write the recipe as if you are making everything from scratch! I know it has a lot of ingredients but trust me, it's worth it! —Heather Adamson
- 250g Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 400g Can drained chickpeas
- 1/2 Courgette cut into chunks
- 1 Onion cut into chunks
- 4 Button mushrooms quartered
- 2 teaspoons Rapeseed/canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- Few drops Tabasco
- 1 cup Water with 1/2 low salt chicken stock cube
- 1 Nest (50g) buckwheat noodles
- 100g Finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 Courgette finely shredded
- Heat oil in a wok and add the chicken. Sauté for 5 minutes, turning until browned, before adding onion, mushroom, courgette, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, red pepper and tobasco. Stir-fry for 3 minutes over a medium heat before adding the chickpeas and pouring in the stock. Season to taste and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes. For the last 2 minutes, add the cabbage and courgette to a steamer and place on top of the noodle pot to steam. Drain noodles over the cabbage and courgette and divide amongst two bowls. Top with chilli chicken and broth.
- A little hint; it tastes so much better when eaten with chopsticks. But then in my opinion, so does everything!!