If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made from buckwheat flour, these noodle are entirely gluten-free and relatively simple to prepare. The prep time of the squash is well worth the wait because its flavor mingles so effortlessly with the persimmon. Better yet, the flavors deepen with time, making the perfect leftovers. —Gina Topley
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 persimmon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (for cooking)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles. When water returns to a boil, reduce heat slightly and cook for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked. Drain noodles and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Set aside.
- Add squash, persimmon, ginger juice, grated ginger, curry powder and juice of the lime to a large pan with a few tablespoons of water and cook on medium heat until squash is tender.
- Add cooked soba noodles to pan and stir. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons