If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love salads. I mean I love them so much, so I don't need anything else. I love to have grains in my salad to make it more complete. This salad was probably one of the best I have ever made. I always have tuna in the cabinet for "just in case my fridge is empty and I don't have time to thaw items from the freezer", I always have edamame, because its nutritious and very versatile and I have been planning on making soft-boiled eggs for quite some time. So here it is: you really don't need any entree or a desert either. —Daria Faulkner
- 2,5 ounces (1/2 a can) tuna (water, no salt added)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup edamame with shells or 1/4 cup shelled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 4 onion rings halved (approx)
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- shaved parmigiano reggiano to taste
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
- Put edamame in the steaming basket and steam for 6-7 minutes. Once cooled a little, shell them (or just steam the beans if use shelled ones).
- Put mixed greens, onion, avocado, tomatoes in the bowl.
- Bring to boil 2/4 of water in the saucepan. Add buckwheat, remove a heat to medium-high and cook for abou 5-6 min, till the liquid evaporates.
- In a separate small pot bring to boil about 1/2 of water (1 inch), place an egg in the steaming basket, cover and steam for 6, 5 min. After 6,5 min uncover the pot and rinse under the cold water for 30 sec. Peel and cut in halves.
- Mix edamame, buckwheat with the veggies, add tuna, egg and parmeggiano,
- Mix hummus with mustard and pour on top of the salad. If the dressing is to thick add a little bit of oil. My hummus was homemade and not too thick.