If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to hate artichoke hearts as a kid but loved the leaves so I always left the hearts. So my mother started used artichoke hearts in this savory clafoutis-type pie so as not to waist them. You can use canned artichoke hearts. —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 1 pie
- 200g flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 100g ounces cold butter (about 3.5 oz)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 2 red onions
- 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil
- 100 milliliters Milk
- 100 milliliters Crème fraiche or sour cream
- For the dough: Mix together flour, 1 egg, a pinch of salt and butter then knead the dough by hand for 2-3 minutes. It must be quite smooth. Put in a plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Drain and dry the artichoke hearts and cut in four. Peel the onion and cut in thin slices. Slice the sundried tomatoes. Also thinly slice fresh basil.
- Whisk together milk, cream and three eggs. Add basil and slices of sun dried tomatoes. Season to taste.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thin round Transfer and press the dough into a pie plate, covering the edges. Prick dough thoroughly on the bottom with the tines of a fork. Spread out the onions, sundried tomatoes and artichokes on the bottom of the dough. Pour the milk-cream mixture on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve with fresh arugula.