- Makes 1 pie
I used to hate artichoke hearts as a kid but loved the leaves so I always left the hearts. So my mother started used artichoke hearts in this savory clafoutis-type pie so as not to waist them. You can use canned artichoke hearts. —MarieGlobetrotter
flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
cold butter (about 3.5 oz)
Salt and pepper
can artichoke hearts
leaves fresh basil
Crème fraiche or sour cream
In This Recipe
- For the dough: Mix together flour, 1 egg, a pinch of salt and butter then knead the dough by hand for 2-3 minutes. It must be quite smooth. Put in a plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Drain and dry the artichoke hearts and cut in four. Peel the onion and cut in thin slices. Slice the sundried tomatoes. Also thinly slice fresh basil.
- Whisk together milk, cream and three eggs. Add basil and slices of sun dried tomatoes. Season to taste.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thin round Transfer and press the dough into a pie plate, covering the edges. Prick dough thoroughly on the bottom with the tines of a fork. Spread out the onions, sundried tomatoes and artichokes on the bottom of the dough. Pour the milk-cream mixture on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve with fresh arugula.