If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This incredibly flavor-packed, completely vegan dressing turns inexpensive cabbage and carrots into a memorable side dish with tons of texture. We like this alongside brown rice and avocado or underneath any grilled protein. The easy Miso-Ginger Dressing is also a great dip for vegetables. —Weird & Ravenous
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage (about ¾ pound cabbage)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger, garlic, miso, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and water. and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots and sesame seeds together with the dressing. Serve immediately if you like it very crunchy or let it sit covered in the refrigerator for up to a few hours if you prefer it more slaw-like.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!