Author Notes: I don't know how we one day decided to add chorizo slices to this traditional dish but I like the mixture of hot and sweet. —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves: 6 people
tablespoons brown sugar
puff pastry or shortcrust pastry
Salt and pepper
slices of shorizo
In This Recipe
- Clean the endives, trim the ends and cut in half Peel and mince the shallots
- Peel and mince the shallots Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a frying pan, cook the endives and shallots in 5 tbsp of butter for about 15 minutes, until the sugar melts and turns golden. Season to taste.
- Put the brown sugar in a baking pan with 2tbsp of diced butter. Lay the endives on top, cut side down and in a tight even layer. Drape the puff pastry/shortcrust pastry over the pan and tuck the edges in around the filling. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and risen
- 5-10 minutes before the tart tatin is baked, cook the chorizo slices in a frying pan. Take the tatin out of the oven, Remove from the oven, let cool then delicately turn it onto a plate. Place the chorizo slices on top and press gently. Let cool for another 2-3 minutes to let the chorizo "infuse". Serve with a side salad.