If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't know how we one day decided to add chorizo slices to this traditional dish but I like the mixture of hot and sweet. —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves 6 people
- 6-7 endives
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 shallots
- 1 puff pastry or shortcrust pastry
- Salt and pepper
- slices of shorizo
- Clean the endives, trim the ends and cut in half Peel and mince the shallots
- Peel and mince the shallots Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a frying pan, cook the endives and shallots in 5 tbsp of butter for about 15 minutes, until the sugar melts and turns golden. Season to taste.
- Put the brown sugar in a baking pan with 2tbsp of diced butter. Lay the endives on top, cut side down and in a tight even layer. Drape the puff pastry/shortcrust pastry over the pan and tuck the edges in around the filling. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and risen
- 5-10 minutes before the tart tatin is baked, cook the chorizo slices in a frying pan. Take the tatin out of the oven, Remove from the oven, let cool then delicately turn it onto a plate. Place the chorizo slices on top and press gently. Let cool for another 2-3 minutes to let the chorizo "infuse". Serve with a side salad.