If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple. Delicious. Healthy. Best when beets are in season, but you can really make it year round. —Courtnay
- 6 medium beets
- 3 bunches well washed rucola or spinach
- 1 handful toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons homemade or store bought pesto sauce
- olive oil
- creamy Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Wrap each beet in foil and roast in a pan until a knife goes through the center with ease. 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the foil for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and peel the beets carefully with your fingers or a dull knife. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place the rucola or spinach to a serving dish or bowl. Add the beets, the toasted pine nuts and the pesto. Drizzle with olive oil and creamy Balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Toss gently and serve with a crusty baguette to sop up the yummy juices at the bottom of the bowl.