If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There’s something about drinking your greens that just makes you feel virtuous.
It’s like you’re telling the world, “Yeah, my beverage is green and my attitude is fresh.”
Truth be told though, I’m writing about kale while gnawing on a piece of solid dark chocolate that’s approximately the size of my fist. It’s totally fine though because I’m 22 now and I had a green smoothie for breakfast, therefore it’s fine that I’m eating chocolate for dinner.
I do what I want.
This smoothie is really good though and doesn’t taste anything like puréed green things. It satisfies a different part of your soul than chocolate or cookies, but it is definitely satisfying and delicious in its own right.
Baby kale and a tangy tart kiwi become sweet and decadent when creamed together with almond milk, a frozen banana and avocado. Add an extra boost of omega 3 fats, protein and fiber from chia seeds and protein powder and you’ve got yourself a seriously powerful breakfast or afternoon snack.
It’ll make you feel fresh and clean and unstoppable, no matter what you did last night. If by any chance you’re late to a poetry class and need to bring this to-go, put it in a mason jar with a lid and you’ll be all set! Be sure to check your teeth when you finish in case you get a kiwi seed or a bit of kale stuck in there, because that’s just not cute. —Eat With Chelsea
- 1 handful baby kale greens (or spinach)
- 1 ripe kiwi, roughly chopped
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1/4 avocado (about 2 heaping tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender or Magic Bullet and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy in tall glass or put it in a jar with a lid and bring it to go!
- Enjoy in tall glass or put it in a jar with a lid and bring it to go!