If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This spicy, sweet, and simple soup is brought to life by a thick ribbon of cashew cream. —Gena Hamshaw
tablespoon Olive oil
cup onion, diced
cup celery, diced
inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
cups vegetable stock
medium small russet potato, quartered
pounds carrots, chopped
sea salt to taste
teaspoons mild curry powder
cup cashew cream, divided
- Saute the onions, celery, and ginger in oil in a medium sized pot until the onions are translucent (about ten minutes).
- Add the stock, carrots, potato, curry powder, and salt to the pot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, and then lower it to a simmer. Let the mix simmer for about twenty-five minutes, or until all of the carrots are nice and tender.
- When the carrots are tender, turn off the flame. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup completely. You may also use a blender for this step, but work in small batches and be mindful of spattering liquid.
- Transfer the blended soup back to your pot, and warm through. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cashew cream.
- To serve the soup, divide it into bowls and top with a swirl of additional cashew cream.